The power of exercise: The need for exercise in prisons, correctional facilities, detention centers, halfway houses, reform schools, rehabilitation centers, juvenile detention centers or any institution that houses people for extended periods of time cannot be emphasized enough! A regular program of exercise, using the right exercise equipment, benefits both inmates and the institution:
- Protects against many chronic diseases so reduces health care costs.
- Lowers blood pressure and improves heart health.
- Aids in weight management.
- Reduces feelings of anxiety, stress, and depression.
- Helps reduce boredom.
- Can improve an inmate’s attitude and behavior.
- Can help reduce anger and aggression
- Improves quality of sleep.
Providing a safe and effective workout area, and encouraging its use, will often improve an inmate’s mental and physical health; reducing your healthcare costs and helps in the rehabilitation process.